Friday, September 28, 2018

Münchhausen Trilemma

It is claimed the Münchhausen Trilemma is "a thought experiment used to demonstrate the impossibility of proving any truth".

It states every proof is either circular, regressive, or axiomatic assertions.

So, I was thinking ...

Every human knows a thing no other human knows. Also, every human knows a thing no other human knows nor can know, which is called special knowledge. That every human is special is neither circular, regressive, nor simply an assertion. It is an axiomatic truth, knowledge.

The proposition "I am" is neither circular, nor infinitely regressive, nor is it a mere assertion.

That "I Am" is supported by the certain pattern in the matter of existence that I am. I am THAT I am. WHAT I am is a different matter altogether.

Proof is found in the instanteous and transcendental nature of a realization, in understanding a certain pattern in the matter of existence.

What is truth?

Truth is a word.

What is a word?

A word is a certain pattern in the matter of existence.

What is knowledge?

The understanding of a certain pattern in the matter of existence, such as a word, is knowledge.

Sorry Münchhausen ...

No comments:

Post a Comment